The Colorado Department of Revenue (DOR) Liquor Enforcement Division, in partnership with Colorado.gov, has launched a new website that stores and tracks data on Minors in Possession (MIP) citations and liquor license compliance checks.
During a two-year grant period between 2010 and 2012, the Liquor Enforcement Division was awarded funds by the U.S. Department of Justice Office, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. These funds were used to build a Web-based program for collecting and sharing statistics to assist with enforcing Colorado’s underage drinking laws. The Web-based program also allows city, county and state law enforcement agencies to enter MIP citations and compliance checks results through a secure network.
Prior to this application, the Liquor Enforcement Division published compliance check results manually and were only compiled on a quarterly basis. The published information did not include any information from local law enforcement agencies.
During fiscal year 2012, the Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division:
- Issued 516 citations to minors in Colorado
- Conducted 1,728 liquor license compliance checks
- Issued 271 compliance check violation citations
- A public interface www.colorado.gov/eudl to search and download MIP violations and compliance checks results
- The ability to submit anonymous tips of possible liquor violations involving minors to the DOR – Liquor Enforcement Division
- Additional resources on the issue of underage drinking