We might as well say it up front, the Cadillac ATS looks like a winner in the car category.
"This is the first time anybody has eclipsed the BMW 3 Series" in ride and handling, Brauer said. "No one would ever have imagined that a GM (GM) car could overcome a BMW car."
In 2010, GM introduced the Cruze and showed it can compete in the compact-car market. This year, Cruze is the ninth-best-selling U.S. car.The Cadillac ATS is a rear-wheel-drive vehicle that weighs less than 3,400 pounds, one of the lowest curb weights in the segment. GM calls it "the most agile and lightweight Cadillac." The latest news on the car is that, despite being one of the lightest vehicles in its class thanks to the use of metals such as martensitic alloys and ultra-high-strength steel, it earned a five-star crash-test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The ATS was unveiled in January 2012 on the eve of the Detroit Auto Show media day. This year that spot has been turned over to the new Corvette.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV