BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Stocks look ready to rebound a bit from Monday's dip today, as the final trading week of the year draws nearer to an end.
This week is also historically the quietest trading week of the year, a fact that may not hold true for 2012 as the fiscal cliff continues to grab the headlines and the calendar counts down to 2013. With negotiations resuming tomorrow to figure out a solution to the combined tax hike and spending cut, it still looks likely that this thing will get resolved before Auld Lang Syne starts playing. Hopefully the politicians involved got enough coal in their stockings yesterday to spur things along.
With all of that in mind, most investors are looking away from the markets this week. But even though we're in a quiet week for stocks, that doesn't mean that there aren't still some big trading opportunities to take advantage of.That's why we're taking a technical look at the five setups that have the tradable price setups right now. >>5 Stocks Warren Buffett Loves For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. So, without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups from the technology sector worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV