NORTHFIELD, Ill., Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- On December 29, the Navy Midshipmen and the Arizona State Sun Devils will be taking the field for a lot more than just a bowl title. They'll be taking the field in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, the only bowl game dedicated to raising awareness about hunger in the United States. The game, which will be broadcast LIVE on ESPN this Saturday, is in its third year.
"Kraft Foods Group and Mondelez International (the global snacking and food brands company of the former Kraft Foods Inc.) are proud to sponsor a game that continues to shed light on an issue that can impact more than 50 million Americans 1 each year," said Stephen Chriss, senior director, US Media and Consumer Engagement, Mondelez International. "We are passionate about making a difference and our bowl partnership allows our brands to connect with a national audience as we hope to inspire others to join the fight to end hunger."
Kraft and its Foundation have donated nearly $1 billion in cash and food to hunger-relief organizations over the past 25 years.
The Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl has a deep roster for the third year in a row, comprised of power brands from both companies including
Capri Sun beverages,
Oscar Mayer meats,
Maxwell House coffee,
Kraft Real Mayo Mayonnaise,
Miracle Whip Dressing,
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
Kraft cheese and dairy. As has become tradition unique to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, the game's opening possession will be decided by the flip of an
Oreo 'Heads or Tails' cookie.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV