Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR) announces that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Murphy Oil USA, Inc., has entered into an agreement with Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. to provide access to over 200 new locations within its core market area covering the Midwest and Southeast United States.
Under the terms of the agreement, Murphy USA will have the opportunity to build over 200 new fuel stations at existing Walmart supercenters. The construction program is expected to be completed over the next three years.
Steven A. Cossé, Murphy Oil Corporation’s President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “This agreement represents a significant step forward in our long-term relationship with Wal-Mart as we pursue our business plan to separate the U.S. retail business into a stand-alone entity.”
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in
the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995.
statements, which express management’s current views concerning future
events or results, are subject to inherent risks and uncertainties.
that could cause actual results to differ materially from those
expressed or implied in our forward-looking statements include, but are
not limited to, the volatility and level of crude oil and natural gas
prices, the level and success rate of our exploration programs, our
ability to maintain production rates and replace reserves, political and
regulatory instability, and uncontrollable natural hazards.
further discussion of risk factors, see Murphy’s 2011 Annual Report on
Form 10-K and the September 30, 2012 Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q on
file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
undertakes no duty to publicly update or revise any forward-looking
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV