Nordstrom Inc. Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (JWN)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- JWN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NORDSTROM INC has improved earnings per share by 20.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NORDSTROM INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.15 versus $2.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.49 versus $3.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 15.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $127.00 million to $146.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, NORDSTROM INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $135.00 million or 17.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NORDSTROM INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 49.21%.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. HOLIDAY SPECIAL: Let Jim Cramer show you every trade he is making in his $2.5 Million portfolio. Join now for 14-days FREE. Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts