"Clinical research shows that low GI eating is a safe and effective way to manage your weight," noted Dr. Bruce Daggy, Nutrisystem's Chief Science Officer. "Nutrisystem® foods are clinically tested to determine their Glycemic Index values. This makes Nutrisystem an easy way to get started on a diet that can make resolutions a reality."
Nutrisystem makes all this available at an approachable price point. "The good news is you don't have to spend a fortune to model the convenience celebrities enjoy with home-delivered meals," described Mike Amburgey, Nutrisystem Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). "People are genuinely delighted and relieved when they realize they've finally found a structured program that's guaranteed to work, fits their lifestyle, allows them to choose their favorite menu items and starts at less than $8 a day."
Nutrisystem New Year's Resolution Survey
The new study commissioned by Nutrisystem, reveals Americans, once again, have weight loss on their minds for the 2013 New Year and place premium value on sustaining an ideal weight.Among the survey's findings:
- 64 percent of U.S. adults are willing to pay any amount per pound to reach and stay at an ideal weight.
- Adults age 18-34 (73 percent) and those age 35-44 (68 percent) are both significantly more likely than those age 55+ (55 percent) to say they'd spend any amount per pound.
- Single/never married adults (71 percent) are also more likely to say they'd spend any amount per pound than those who are married (61 percent).
- Over half – 54 percent – of U.S adults indicate they are planning to make weight loss one of their New Year's resolutions.
- Those age 18-44 are more likely than those age 45+ to indicate weight loss as a resolution (59 percent vs. 49 percent, respectively).
- Women (56 percent) are significantly more likely than men (51 percent) to say weight loss will be part of their New Year's resolutions.
- Those with children under 18 in their households (59 percent) are more likely than those with no children present (51 percent) to have weight loss resolution plans.
- Last year, Nutrisystem received an average of 3,000 inquiries an hour by phone and web throughout the month of January.
- Over the past 10 years, Nutrisystem has helped customers lose over 70 million pounds.
- Approximately 50 percent of incoming calls for Nutrisystem Men's Plan come from wives and girlfriends.
- The most popular Nutrisystem® menu items are: Fudge Graham Lunch Bar (women) and Pasta with Beef (men).