DALLAS, Dec. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ), the leading global provider of mobile Internet services, today announced that NQ Mobile Security and NQ Family Guardian have both been selected as top 25 apps at the Mobile Apps Showdown for CES 2013. The winners were selected by a panel of expert judges who have multiple years of expertise in reviewing products. Each product submitted gets a description on the website and the judges will also write reviews of the 25 semifinalists.
"We are honored that the Mobile Apps Showdown has chosen both NQ Mobile Security and NQ Family Guardian as top 25 apps for CES 2013," said Gavin Kim, Chief Product Officer, NQ Mobile. "Both NQ Mobile Security and NQ Family Guardian are truly innovative mobile apps that deliver cutting edge security solutions andprotection for families."
NQ Mobile's flagship application, Mobile Security, detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats. NQ Mobile Security has been proven by independent security lab tests, like West Coast Labs Comparative Test, to outperform all competitive mobile security platforms. NQ Mobile Security was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.NQ Family Guardian's unique suite of services for safety and monitoring comprises a mobile app that is downloaded and installed on the child's smartphone along with a web-based control center that is accessible from any desktop or mobile browser. The app is currently available for Android devices, while the control-center is compatible with any web browser. Key features for mobile management and protection include:
- Browser Blocker: Safeguard children by blocking inappropriate websites
- App Filter: Make smart choices about which apps children can access
- Contact Filter: Help children fight spam text and harassing calls by adding numbers to their block lists
- Schedules: Control children's mobile phone use by setting up times when they can unlock their phones to make calls, browse the Internet, text, and more
- Monitors: Keep track of children's locations, messages, calls, browsing histories, app downloads, and photos
- Geo-Fences: Set up a safe zone to for children and receive a notification when they're outside of this safe zone
- Check-in: Get check-in messages when children arrive safely at their destinations. Also track their location if they forget to check in
- Panic Alarm: If kids are in trouble, they can send an alert message to their parent's phone with their exact location