In Twitter posts, Netflix said the Web streaming service had suffered an outage because of problems at Amazon.com (AMZN), which provides Internet services to Netflix and other corporate customers.
On Twitter, Netflix apologized to its customers and said it was working hard with Amazon Web Services to fix the problems.
A Netflix representative said the problems had stretched "across the Americas" according to The Wall Street Journal.Shares of Netflix closed Monday at down $1.11 at $90.23. Markets were closed Tuesday for Christmas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV