Small Fire Breaks Out on US Airways Jet
PHOENIX -- A US Airways (LCC) jet briefly caught fire at its gate at the Phoenix airport during maintenance tests.
US Airways spokeswoman Michelle Mohr says crews were conducting routine maintenance tests when the fire broke out Monday night on the plane's auxiliary power unit. She described it as a small motor under the plane's tail that supplies additional power.
Mohr says no injuries were reported and the fire was quickly extinguished.
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport spokeswoman Kris Commerford says no passengers were on board at the time. She says the plane had arrived from California and was headed next to Vancouver, Canada.Mohr says 101 passengers were put on a different plane and would be delayed by about two hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV