Dignity Is Always In Season: 100 Members Of The Navy Football Team Serve Meals To The Homeless At St. Anthony's Dining Room On Christmas Day
St. Anthony's Interim Executive Director Barry Stenger notes that opening the doors on Christmas day is about more than meals. "The holiday season is a difficult time for many of the guests who eat in our Dining Room. With the rise of people who look to St. Anthony's to meet their basic needs along with the economic uncertainty of the impending fiscal cliff, people are feeling the stress of the holidays now more than ever." He added that "while it is a stressful time, Christmas is a day of abundance. This year, like the past 62 years, people around the Bay Area have come to know they can always count on St. Anthony's Dining Room as a place to call home."
This is the 3 rd year in a row St. Anthony's has played host to a collegiate football team as part of the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, the only bowl game that includes a philanthropic mission. To date, the bowl has generated 200,000 meals to support hungry people in San Francisco. This year, Navy will play Arizona State in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl game on December 29 th at AT & T Park.
For more than 60 years, St. Anthony's has offered a gateway out of poverty through a network of life-sustaining services. By addressing immediate needs such as hunger and clothing, as well as long term needs such as employment, drug and alcohol recovery, and physical and mental health, St. Anthony's supports people in need as they pursue training, work, sobriety, and purpose. St. Anthony's does not rely on federal, state, or local government support. We are entirely funded by private donations. For more information, visit www.stanthonysf.org or like St. Anthony Foundation on Facebook.
SOURCE St. Anthony Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV