Dignity Is Always In Season: 100 Members Of The Navy Football Team Serve Meals To The Homeless At St. Anthony's Dining Room On Christmas Day
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- St. Anthony Foundation readies to roll out the navy blue and gold carpet for 100 players, coaches, and staff from the Navy Football Team on Christmas Day. The Navy Midshipmen, in town for the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl, will be joined by 100 community volunteers to prepare and serve 4,000 meals of honey glazed ham to San Francisco's poorest residents.
Homeless and isolated veterans comprise 20% of the meals served in St. Anthony's Dining Room. For many of these veterans, the anticipation of sharing Christmas dinner with 100 football players from the Naval Academy is a gift that cannot be described in words.
Michael Rempfer, a formerly homeless military veteran who is part of St. Anthony's year-long drug and alcohol recovery program said, "In my advance military training unit in Aberdeen, MD, my favorite motto was ' with deeds, not words.' The Navy Football players who serve food to the homeless on Christmas Day captures the deed of the season."
Navy football players serving at St. Anthony's represent a continuum of service and a stark reminder of the sacrifices people make for our country. Like every day of the year, St. Anthony's brings together a collage of people who are willing to serve one another and their community through time, talent, and resources. It is precisely this expression of community that embodies the dignity of the human experience throughout the holiday season.In addition to veterans, St. Anthony's serves up to 3,000 meals daily to seniors living on fixed incomes, people struggling with mental illness, and the working poor. Eighty-eight percent of people who eat at St. Anthony's live alone.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV