COLUMBUS, Ohio, Dec. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DSW Inc. (NYSE: DSW), a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer, announced that it has reopened its store in Lawrence, New York after extensive renovations in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. Although many DSW stores in the path of Hurricane Sandy closed temporarily, the Lawrence store sustained significant damage, which necessitated repairs that took over a month to complete. The 18,000-plus square foot store, located at 345 Rockaway Turnpike, originally opened in November 2011.
Residents in areas affected by Sandy reported widespread devastation in their communities, and in response, DSW launched a fundraising drive at its stores in partnership with the Red Cross. In all, $250,000 was raised by DSW customers, DSW associates and DSW Inc.
"We're thrilled to be able to contribute to the Red Cross in support of the Hurricane Sandy relief effort," stated Mike MacDonald, President and Chief Executive Officer, DSW Inc. "This contribution was made possible by the generosity of our customers and associates, combined with a DSW corporate donation."About DSW Inc. DSW Inc. is a leading branded footwear and accessories retailer that offers a wide selection of brand name and designer footwear and accessories for women, men, and kids. As of December 24, 2012, DSW operates 364 stores in 41 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and operates an e-commerce site, http://www.dsw.com, and a mobile website, http://m.dsw.com. DSW also supplies footwear to 346 leased locations in the United States under the Affiliated Business Group. For store locations and additional information about DSW, visit http://www.dswinc.com. Follow DSW on Twitter at http://twitter.com/DSWShoeLovers and "like" DSW on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/DSW. SOURCE DSW Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV