SanDisk Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (SNDK)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- Although SNDK's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.23 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, SNDK has a quick ratio of 1.75, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 27.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The share price of SANDISK CORP has not done very well: it is down 9.44% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Despite the stock's decline during the last year, it is still somewhat more expensive (in proportion to its earnings over the last year) than most other stocks in its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays offset this slight negative.
- SANDISK CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANDISK CORP reported lower earnings of $4.04 versus $5.42 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 49.5% in earnings ($2.04 versus $4.04).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $233.25 million to $76.51 million.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. HOLIDAY SPECIAL: Let Jim Cramer show you every trade he is making in his $2.5 Million portfolio. Join now for 14-days FREE. Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV