3. PetroAmerica Oil (TSXV:PTA); current price: $0.35; year-to-date gain: 238.10 percent; 52-week high: $0.37.PetroAmerica is a junior oil and gas exploration company with a large portfolio of prospective oil properties in the Llanos Basin in Colombia. On December 17, the company announced a material increase to the reserves at the Las Maracas field. The company had previous announced a new discovery at Las Maracas-3 in July, when it tested 30-degree API oil at a rate of 1,491 barrels of oil per day (bopd).
Top 10 Performing Junior Oil And Gas Companies Of 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.