NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ever since I posted photos in my account of incredibly brisk sales at the Fifth Avenue/Manhattan Apple (AAPL) Store last weekend, readers -- mainly via my Twitter account -- have sent shots of similarly active outlets elsewhere.
Across the country -- from Miami to Minneapolis and from California to New England -- it's the same story: iPad minis and iPhone 5s are selling like hotcakes.
Despite the suddenly negative media attention, triggered by irresponsible Wall Analyst coverage of AAPL, the reported (and often documented) crowds support the recent report that iPhone, on the back of the latest model, commands more than 50% of the U.S. smartphone market.
Anyway, below please see two photos from this weekend -- the last before Christmas -- submitted by Twitter users. They show Apple Stores on opposite ends of the country.If you have taken any recent pictures (or feel the urge to head out and take a few now), please do so and Tweet them to TheStreet's Twitter account (@TheStreet), my account (@rocco_thestreet) or both. Also, feel free to include a report on what sort of traffic and sales you observed. We'll publicize as many as we can on Twitter and possibly include them in an article this week on TheStreet.
Apple Store, Willowbrook Mall, N.J.Photo courtesy of @CraigScott31
Apple Store, Third Street Promenade, Santa Monica, Calif. (New Store, Opened Dec. 15, 2012)Photo courtesy of @manojrao Follow @rocco_thestreet -- Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV