If you decided to buy as AAPL was surging, you absolutely should not be down 26% today. No way. Flat maybe. Biding your time in the high $600s would be acceptable, but faced with the reality of dropping below $500 a share, that's tragic.
The following three stories take you through what a joke the last part of the year has been:
- Apple is selling iPad minis like hot cakes.
- Apple, according to Kantar Worldpanel Com Tech, owns 53.3% of the domestic smartphone market over the most recent 12 weeks. That tells somebody who reads at the third grade-level that the iPhone 5 rules over an Android operating system spread across hardware makers.
- Even Apple's missteps turn positive. As Technology Tell reports, since the Google (GOOG) Maps app launched for iOS 6, adoption of Apple's mobile operating system has increased 29%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV