London based Maybourne Hotel Group is pleased to announce that today it successfully completed its planned refinancing by signing £547 million in five year debt facilities lead arranged by Blackstone Real Estate Debt Strategies (BREDS). This follows the rights issue of £145 million successfully concluded earlier in the week with the existing shareholders. This enables the group to repay its current £660 million loan facility and provides an appropriate and stable capital base for the group to continue to invest in its world class hotels – Claridge’s, the Connaught and the Berkeley.
BREDS worked very closely with lead banks Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML), the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) and Wells Fargo Bank (Wells) who co-arranged and underwrote the £400 million senior facility. The £147 million mezzanine loan was underwritten by Blackstone and funded in partnership with RBC and Starwood Capital.
Stephen Alden, CEO of Maybourne Hotel Group commented: “We are delighted to have completed a complex refinancing in challenging market conditions before year end. Our own team, the Board, our advisors and the lending group have worked extremely hard – and in close collaboration - to achieve this excellent result. It places us in an ideal position to realize our capital investment strategy and thus to maintain our leadership among the world’s finest hotels.”
Joe Pedlow, Managing Director of BREDS said: “We are proud to have been selected to lead this financing and to have delivered what we believe is an outstanding debt package for the group, particularly in the context of an illiquid debt market and a tight timeframe. This transaction was delivered because of the quality of the assets, the strength of the management team and the commitment of the lenders. It has been a tremendous team effort and we look forward to working with the company in the coming years.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV