One name that's trending very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Pactera Technology (PACT), which provides business/IT consulting, solutions, and outsourcing services to multinational firms through a network of onsite and offsite delivery locations in China, the US, Europe, Australia, Japan, Singapore & Malaysia. This stock has been hit by the sellers during the last three months, with shares off by 24%.
If you take a look at the chart for Pactera Technology, you'll notice that this stock recently dropped sharply from its November high of $11.22 a share to its recent low of $6.25 a share. During that run lower, shares of PACT were consistently making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, the stock has started to bounce off that $6.25 low and quickly move within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in PACT if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $7.50 to $7.99 a share with high volume. Look for volume on that move that registers near or above its three-month average action of 121,437 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then PACT will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 50-day moving average of $8.47 a share. Any high-volume move above its 50-day will then put $9 to $10 a share into focus for shares of PACT.Traders can look to buy PACT off any weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some near-term support at $7 a share. One could also buy off strength once PACT takes out those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a few percentage points below $7.50 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV