Gun Bans Are No Solution for Real School Safety
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- I have three sons, ages 10, 8 and 3. Like all fathers, I worry about them non-stop. I worry about everything.
I worry about the food they eat, the vehicles we drive, things they watch on TV, their education and a vast universe of things that I never dreamed about before having children.
Having a fifth grader and third grader made the shooting in Newtown downright depressing. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families impacted. I can't imagine the pain and frustration they feel when just reading about it makes me angry.
I live in the north woods of Wisconsin, and while guns are prevalent (deer hunting is an excusable absence from school), concern over a shooting incident at my sons' school wasn't a worry until I received an email from the school.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV