LAKE MARY, Fla., Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- FARO Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: FARO) today announced that it has filed a shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The Company does not have immediate plans to sell securities under the shelf registration statement. Under the shelf registration statement, when declared effective by the SEC, FARO Technologies, Inc., may offer and sell from time to time up to $250 million of the Company's ordinary shares, warrants, or units or any combination thereof. The specifics of any future offering, along with the prices, terms and the use of proceeds will be described in a prospectus supplement filed with the SEC prior to the completion of the offering.
The shelf registration statement has been filed with the SEC but has not yet become effective. The securities registered may not be sold nor may offers to buy these securities be accepted prior to the time the registration becomes effective. This press release shall not constitute a solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities law of any such jurisdiction. Any offering of these securities will be made solely by means of the prospects included in the registration statement and any prospectus supplement that may be issued with respect to such offering.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as statements about demand for its products, and its future operating results and financial condition. Statements that are not historical facts or that describe the Company's plans, objectives, projections, expectations, assumptions, strategies, or goals are forward-looking statements. In addition, words such as "intend," "believe," "will," "expect" and similar expressions or discussions of FARO's plans or other intentions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to various known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors that may cause actual results, performances, or achievements to differ materially from future results, performances, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Consequently, undue reliance should not be placed on these forward-looking statements.Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to:
- development by others of new or improved products, processes or technologies that make the Company's products obsolete or less competitive;
- production delays caused by shortages of raw materials incorporated in the Company's products;
- the cyclical nature of the industries of the Company's customers and material adverse changes in customers' access to liquidity and capital;
- declines or other adverse changes, or lack of improvement, in industries that the Company serves or the domestic and international economies in the regions of the world where the Company operates and other general economic, business, and financing conditions;
- risks associated with international operations, such as fluctuations in currency exchange rates, difficulties in staffing and managing foreign operations, political and economic instability, compliance with import and export regulations, and the burdens and potential exposure of complying with a wide variety of U.S. and foreign laws and labor practices;
- other risks detailed in Part I, Item 1A. Risk Factors in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV