MONTERREY, Mexico, Dec. 21, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mexican airport operator Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA (Nasdaq:OMAB) (BMV:OMA) announced the start of operations of a gasoline service station within the Monterrey Airport. The service station is built on land identified for diversification activities, and is part of OMA's initiative to increase non-aeronautical revenues.
OMA leased 2,500 m 2 of land to Grupo ORSAN, an authorized distributor of Pemex Refining, for a term of 15 years (renewable). ORSAN is responsible for all the investment in the service station, which includes 6 pumps for gasoline and one for diesel. The service station is located on the Airport Boulevard, near Terminal C. The development reflects ORSAN's confidence in the growth potential of traffic at the Monterrey Airport.
OMA expects to develop similar projects in its other airports on land not needed for aeronautical purposes, in order to increase the range of services offered not only to passengers and the airport community, but also the public in general. These developments are expected to create jobs, provide needed new services, and strengthen the airports' role as focal points of economic development in the cities where they are located.About OMA Grupo Aeroportuario del Centro Norte, S.A.B. de C.V., known as OMA, operates 13 international airports in nine states of central and northern Mexico. OMA's airports serve Monterrey, Mexico's third largest metropolitan area, the tourist destinations of Acapulco, Mazatlán, and Zihuatanejo, and nine other regional centers and border cities. OMA also operates a hotel and commercial areas inside Terminal 2 of the Mexico City airport. OMA employs over 1,000 persons in order to offer passengers and clients, airport and commercial services in facilities that comply with all applicable international safety, security standards, and ISO 9001:2008. OMA's strategic shareholder members are ICA, Mexico's largest engineering, procurement, and construction company, and Aéroports de Paris Management, subsidiary of Aéroports de Paris, the second largest European airports operator. OMA is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange (OMA) and on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OMAB). For more information, please visit us at:
- Website: http://www.oma.aero
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/OMAeropuertos
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/OMA/137924482889484 .
CONTACT: Jose Luis Guerrero Cortes OMA, CFO +52.81.8625.4300 ext.308 firstname.lastname@example.org Daniel Wilson Zemi Communications +1.212.689.9560 ext. 264 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV