COLUMBUS, Ohio, Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Diamond Hill Investment Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:DHIL) today confirmed the payment of its special dividend of $8.00 per share. The Company estimates that between $4.75 and $5.25 of the special dividend will be characterized as qualified dividend income, with the balance characterized as return of capital. The Company expects to finalize the tax characterization of the dividend in late January 2013.
About Diamond Hill :
Diamond Hill is an independent investment management firm with significant employee ownership and $9.7 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2012. The firm provides investment management services to institutions and individuals through mutual funds, institutional separate accounts, and private investment funds. Diamond Hill's entire investment team shares the same intrinsic value investment philosophy focused on absolute returns, and the firm's interests are firmly aligned with its clients through significant investment in its strategies. For more information on Diamond Hill, visit www.diamond-hill.com.SOURCE Diamond Hill Investment Group, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV