CLEVELAND, Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) today announced it has acquired Parts Associates, Inc. (PAI) of Cleveland, Ohio. PAI is a distributor of maintenance supplies and solutions, including fasteners, fluid flow, paints, chemicals, electrical, shop supplies, and related assortments. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
"PAI is a solid company with strong brands and a high level of expertise," said Neil A. Schrimsher, Chief Executive Officer for Applied ®. "Strategically, the company is an excellent fit for our business going forward as we strengthen our maintenance supplies and solutions offering for sustained growth."
Founded in 1948, PAI serves a broad range of maintenance, repair and operations customers, including the fleet, rental, manufacturing, agriculture and food industries. The company operates from two locations – Cleveland and Atlanta – and its staff includes approximately 200 field sales, operations and administrative associates.
Todd A. Barlett, Applied's Vice President – Acquisitions and Global Business Development, added, "We are excited about the addition of PAI and to be building upon our maintenance supplies offering – providing enhanced value-add for all of our customers."With more than 500 facilities and 5,000 employee associates, Applied Industrial Technologies is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than four million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to its customers. Applied can be visited on the Internet at www.applied.com. SOURCE Applied Industrial Technologies
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV