WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. and NETANYA, Israel, Dec. 21, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- magicJack VocalTec, Ltd. (Nasdaq:CALL) (the "Company"), the Voice Experts and cloud communications leader that invented voice over IP (VoIP) and sold over ten million magicJacks ®, announced today through a generous donation by magicJack from one of their alumni Dan Borislow, Widener University has established three full memorial scholarships to honor victims of the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The siblings of those lost in the tragedy and dependents of the adults who lost their lives will be eligible for the scholarships, which will cover all costs over four years should they be accepted to Widener University.
"It is a constant education process that will be used to help heal the survivors and this education should obviously be provided at no cost," said Borislow, Chief Executive Officer at magicJack. "I hope that my act inspires other CEOs and leaders in the business community to develop comparable endowments at their alma maters. I have foregone my entire bonus to help enable magicJack to make this donation. If there ever was a time to give, now is the time. If each CEO would donate just one scholarship to their alma maters we would have this covered."
"I was deeply moved when Dan reached out to me in the wake of this tragedy to establish memorial scholarships to honor the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School," said Widener President James T. Harris III. "Dan's desire to directly provide these students with the gift of education and encourage others to establish similar funds at their alma maters is a testament to the leadership and civic engagement mission that is instilled in our students and personified by Dan Borislow."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV