Baking Quality Data For Canada Western Red Spring Wheat Available
WINNIPEG, Dec. 21, 2012 /CNW/ - Supplementary quality data from the 2012 Canada Western Red Spring wheat harvest now include baking data by region. The data are available on the Canadian Grain Commission's web site, www.grainscanada.gc.ca.
Baking data are based on results of the Canadian short process baking test and include information such as absorption, mixing energy, mixing time and loaf volume.
"Marketers and customers of Canada's grain rely on our quality data to make purchasing decisions. Any time we can offer them more information about quality, that's a good thing for Canada's grain industry," explains Nancy Edwards, Program Manager of Bread Wheat Research in the Canadian Grain Commission's Grain Research Laboratory."
As well, the regional quality data include protein content and quality parameters such as test weight, falling number and information about milling quality and flour quality.About the Canadian Grain Commission The Canadian Grain Commission is the federal agency for establishing and maintaining Canada's grain quality standards. Its programs result in shipments of grain that consistently meet contract specifications for quality, safety and quantity. The Canadian Grain Commission regulates the grain industry to protect producers' rights and ensure the integrity of grain transactions. Related information
- Harvest and export quality reports http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/quality-qualite/geuq-quf-eng.htm
- Preliminary Canada Western Red Spring quality data by region http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/wheat-ble/harvest-recolte/2012/hqww12-qrbo12-eng.htm
- Subscribe to RSS feed for quality of Canadian wheat updates http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/rss/hqw-qrb-eng.xml
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts