Activity remained relatively quiet in the eurozone, while China and Japan had no economic reports scheduled for Friday.
Activity could be light in gold trades next week as many investors take a break for the holiday week and others square away their books for the end of the month, quarter and fiscal year.
As a final note, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said the House would reconvene sometime after Christmas. This means Congress may attempt to reach a fiscal cliff deal sometime before Jan. 1, but it's unclear what, if any, negotiations will accomplish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV