Tamiflu is indicated for the treatment of acute, uncomplicated illness due to influenza infection in people two weeks of age and older who have been symptomatic for no more than two days. Tamiflu is also indicated for preventing influenza in patients one year and older. Tamiflu is not indicated for preventing influenza in children younger than one year of age. Tamiflu is not a substitute for the annual influenza vaccination.
Important Safety Information
Before taking Tamiflu, patients should tell their doctor if they are pregnant or nursing, or if they have kidney disease, heart disease, respiratory disease, or other serious health conditions. Also, patients should let their doctor know if they are taking any other medications or if they have received nasally administered influenza virus vaccine during the past two weeks.
If patients develop an allergic reaction or a severe rash, they should stop taking Tamiflu and contact their healthcare professional immediately, as it may be very serious. People with the flu, particularly children and adolescents, may be at an increased risk of seizures, confusion, or abnormal behavior early during their illness. These events may occur shortly after beginning Tamiflu or may occur when flu is not treated. These events are uncommon but may result in accidental injury to the patient. Therefore, patients should be observed for signs of unusual behavior and a healthcare professional should be contacted immediately if the patient shows any signs of unusual behavior.The most common side effects of TAMIFLU when used for treatment of influenza include nausea and vomiting. The most common side effects of TAMIFLU when used for prevention of influenza include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach (abdomen) pain. Report side effects to the FDA at (800) FDA-1088 or http://www.fda.gov/medwatch. Patients and caregivers may also report side effects to Genentech at (888) 835-2555.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV