PHILADELPHIA, Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE MKT: LAQ) (the "Fund"), a closed-end equity fund, announced today that it will pay a dividend of US$1.587550 per share on January 11, 2013 to all shareholders of record as of December 31, 2012. This distribution is comprised of $0.38277 per share of net investment income, $0.00458 per share of net realized short-term capital gains and $1.2002 per share of net realized long-terms capital gains.
In January 2013, a Form 1099-DIV will be sent to shareholders, which will state the amount and composition of distributions and provide information with respect to their appropriate tax treatment for the 2012 calendar year.
The Fund is managed and advised by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. The Fund's shares trade on the NYSE MKT under the symbol "LAQ".You should not draw any conclusions about the Fund's investment performance from the amount of this distribution or from the terms of the Fund's Plan. Closed-end funds are traded on the secondary market through one of the stock exchanges. The Fund's investment return and principal value will fluctuate so that an investor's shares may be worth more or less than the original cost. Shares of closed-end funds may trade above (a premium) or below (a discount) the net asset value (NAV) of the fund's portfolio. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objective. Past performance does not guarantee future results. If you wish to receive this information electronically, please contact InvestorRelations@aberdeen-asset.com www.aberdeenlaq.com SOURCE Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV