Cintas Corporation today announced that Adam Ingber, a Long Beach, New York father affected by Hurricane Sandy, is the winner of its Good Riddance Day Contest. Ingber won a cash prize and will be the first to say “good riddance” to the effects of Hurricane Sandy during the Good Riddance Day event in Times Square.
The event takes place on Dec. 28, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., in Times Square’s Broadway Plaza between 43rd and 44th Streets. It is open to the public to discard any unpleasant, embarrassing and downright depressing memories from 2012.
This year, hundreds of people across the nation submitted brief descriptions of a 2012 memory or experience they would like to say “good riddance” to heading into the New Year. Partnering with the Times Square Alliance and Countdown Entertainment for the third year in a row, Cintas Document Management selected the winner.
Like many New Yorkers, Adam’s family was displaced from their home and forced to move in with relatives as a result of Hurricane Sandy. After weeks upon weeks of dealing with insurance companies and waking to the cries of their baby that just wanted to be home, Adam and his family are looking forward to saying goodbye to 2012.“The past few months have been challenging for my entire family,” Ingber said. “We are excited to have this amazing opportunity to say good riddance to the bad memories from 2012, start fresh and look forward to spending time together in New York City while we welcome the start of 2013.” “Our team at Cintas has been working hard to support those affected by Hurricane Sandy, including Adam and his family,” said Karen Carnahan, President and COO, Cintas Document Management. “From ruined documents and bad memories left behind by Hurricane Sandy, to old credit card bills, we look forward to helping participants say ‘good riddance’ to their worst memories of 2012.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV