ICON plc, (NASDAQ: ICLR)(ISIN: IE0005711209), a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, today announced that, Mr. Thomas Lynch has been appointed as Chairman of the board of ICON plc with effect from 1st January 2013.
Mr. Lynch has served as a Non-Executive Director of ICON since January 1996 and as Chairman of its Audit, Compensation and Nominations Committees as well as Lead Independent Director since December 2009.
Mr. Lynch served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Amarin Corporation from December 2007 through December 2009 during which time he re-purposed and refinanced the company toward the development of Vascepa for hypertriglyceridemia and dislipidemia. Mr Lynch retired from the Board of Amarin in October 2010 but continues as Chairman of Amarin Pharmaceuticals Ireland Ltd.
Mr. Lynch served in a variety of senior roles in Elan Corporation plc from 1993 to 2004. He was a director of IDA Ireland from 2001-2010 and of the Royal Opera House (Covent Garden) from 2001-2010. He currently serves as a director of GW Phamaceuticals plc, is Chairman of Dublin Academic Medical Centre (an academic health science centre incorporating the College of Health Sciences UCD Dublin, St Vincent’s Hospital Group and the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital); and the Queens University of Belfast Foundation. He also serves as a board member of a number of public and privately held pharmaceutical companies.Mr. Lynch commented, “I am very pleased to assume the role of Chairman at this time of great opportunity for ICON. I would like to thank Dr. Bruce Given, my predecessor, for his contribution as Chairman over the last three years. I look forward to working with my Board colleagues and the executive team to help ICON continue to grow and enhance its position as the global partner of choice in the CRO industry.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV