Another new Aprima customer confirmed the program is indeed a genuine rescue. "We were nervous about how much work it might be and what could go wrong, but everything went just as Aprima promised – easy," said the practice's administrator. The practice was alerted to the Aprima Rescue Plan by a very prominent EHR reseller in the healthcare field, who has requested not to be named.
"This was a very smooth transition for our customer; the upgrade was seamless and staff loved the new system," stated the reseller. "The added functionality is also extremely helpful to our customers. Aprima does everything I have been asking for in Allscripts MyWay™ and more."
"We actually could have upgraded these and other practices even faster, but we knew we had a very frustrated and outraged set of new customers coming on board. Before rollout, we performed extensive and repeated testing, and these early successes are exactly what we expected," said Michael Nissenbaum, Aprima president and CEO. He continued, "The volume of upgrades ahead of us is huge, and our new customers can be sure we'll remain just as focused and vigilant in making sure the 100 th and 1,000 th transition go just as well as the first ones. We appreciate the faith these providers have placed in Aprima and look forward to serving them for many years to come."
Aprima Rescue Plan ™ for customers of Allscripts MyWay ™ includes:
- Free Aprima licenses for each Allscripts MyWay ™ license – no need to repurchase software; up to an $8,500 savings per provider
- Similar look and feel; Aprima has made nearly 1,000 enhancements since it licensed the original source code to Allscripts in 2008, including hundreds of substantive improvements to the PM system
- Minimal learning curve, since it is only needed for the new features
- Minimal downtime compared to what is typical when changing systems and having to re-learn many new workflows
- Existing data remains intact; this is a proven product upgrade, not a conversion
- U.S.-based support