- Provided a two-way text messaging system that allows customers to report their outages to ComEd by text and enables the utility to text restoration information back to customers;
- Added a $1-million state-of-the-art regional mobile command center, equipped with the latest communications, satellite and video conferencing technology that can be deployed to hardest-hit areas;
- Strengthened municipal outreach communications to work more effectively with local officials on several fronts, such as identifying and prioritizing life safety facilities for restoration and providing timely information about local storm restoration progress;
- Increased by 20 percent the number of first-responders and first-line supervisors available for storm field support;
- Expanded GPS deployment across the utility's mobile dispatch fleet to strengthen coordination of resources;
- Increased capacity for handling customer calls in the customer service center;
- Added new generators to its inventory to support emergency restoration needs, allowing ComEd to provide power to more high-priority facilities while repairs are under way.
ComEd Expects To Restore Service To Most Customers By Friday Evening Following Winter Storm
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.