Pre-BlackBerry 10 Jitters
I could go on but here is the bottom line: RIM will be either a $5 or a $30 stock depending on whether BlackBerry 10 turns out to be a great product or not. We will not know this until we have had some time with the final product in our hands, using it for perhaps a matter of weeks.
In this larger context, the manner in which RIM slices and prices its network compression and encryption security services is not going to be deterministic. It is also not a linear expression of the services bundle offered for all the BlackBerry (7.1 and older) devices sold to date.
At the time of publication the author had positions in GOOG and AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV