Pre-BlackBerry 10 Jitters
These are the kinds of companies that are in your mental picture of a typical 2009 or newer Silicon Valley startup. They don't even bother securing much. Workers may spend more time at Philz Coffee around the corner than in the office upstairs. It's one big college dorm.
(2) Larger and older organizations, such as the proverbial Wall Street bank and the Department of Defense, still care as much about security as ever. Their new challenge is that some people wanted to use iPhone and iPad. A market grew up in the last few years offering alternative security and encryption to these organizations.
RIM will argue until it's blue in the face that it remains better than all of these new alternative security and encryption approaches. Fine. It is most likely right about this, but the cracks in the Hoover Dam have already spread. Where iPhone and iPad took root, they aren't ceding that back to BlackBerry.
So now we are on the cusp of BlackBerry 10, launching on Jan. 30 and with devices available for purchase within a couple of months or so after that. Now what?One thing I pointed out in my
No splitting the revenue with the carrier.
Swifter roll-outs. No need for a carrier to approve.
Direct consumer contact. Swift feedback.
Granular ability for the user to pick-and-choose what to buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV