- One unique holiday partnership involved support for the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program. In Georgia and Washington, D.C., employees helped load the Blue Angels' C-130 cargo plane, also known as Fat Albert, with more than 900 toys for children affected by Hurricane Sandy in New York and New Jersey.
- In a separate hurricane relief effort, Lockheed Martin employees also made a special delivery of more than 1,900 pounds of food to the Community Food Bank of New Jersey. The food was collected by employees in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey and included everything from canned goods to baby supplies for those displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
- Another holiday giving opportunity involved care packages for troops. This holiday season, Lockheed Martin's facilities in New Jersey, New York, Virginia and California stuffed more than 6,200 holiday care packages to bring Christmas cheer to troops overseas. These packages were just a small part of the 19,000 USO care packages that Lockheed Martin employees prepared this year.
Lockheed Martin Employees Close 2012 By Giving Back
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.