Bank of America Merrill Lynch today announced the 2013 composition and weights for the Merrill Lynch Commodity index eXtra SM (MLCX). The MLCX is designed to provide a liquid, consistent, representative and cost-efficient benchmark for commodity market performance and for investment in commodities as an asset class. The MLCX contains the following six market sectors: Energy, Base Metals, Precious Metals, Grains & Oil Seeds, Livestock, and Soft Commodities & Others.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch constructs the MLCX based on the liquidity of the constituent futures contracts and the value of the global production of each underlying commodity. The MLCX also seeks to avoid redundant contracts and includes only the most liquid contract per commodity which is determined by volume and price. Based on these rules, the MLCX will include Brent crude oil and remove WTI crude oil for 2013. No other commodities have been added or removed. The commodity weights, which are determined by the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Commodities group pursuant to the MLCX Handbook, are listed below:
|Crude Oil (WTI)||32.63%||0.00%||(32.63)%|
Calculations by BofA Merrill Lynch Global Commodity Research Group; due to rounding, the change may not be equal to the difference between the figures shown.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV