HOUSTON, Dec. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rowan Companies plc ("Rowan" or the "Company") (NYSE: RDC) announced today that its monthly report of drilling rig status and contract information has been updated as of December 21, 2012. The report titled "Monthly Fleet Status Report," can be found on the Company's website www.rowancompanies.com on the Home page.
Notable events in the current report include:
- EXL I : Changed day rate to mid $220s (previously mid $210s) due to amortization adjustment.
- J.P. Bussell : Rig is expected to be off rate for five days in 1Q 2013.
- Scooter Yeargain : Rig is expected to enter the shipyard in January 2013 (previously March 2013) for 105 days (previously 135 days) for customer-required equipment upgrades.
- Gorilla VI : Off rate time in 4Q 2012 was eight days instead of the previously expected 25 days.
- Cecil Provine : Off rate time in 4Q 2012 was 49 days instead of the previously expected 57 days.
- Rowan Norway : Rig is currently in the shipyard for contract requirements and is expected to commence operations early January 2013 (previously mid December 2012). Rig is expected to be in the shipyard for approximately 80 days (previously 60 days) in 4Q 2012, part of which may be compensated. If necessary, the day rate will be adjusted to reflect compensated shipyard days in a subsequent fleet status. Changed day rate to the mid $350s (previously mid $360s) due to downward revision in expected reimbursement for modifications.
- Rowan Stavanger : Off rate time in 4Q 2012 was 25 days instead of the previously expected 16 days. Following completion of the well for Talisman in Norway in March 2013, the rig will operate in the U.K. sector of the North Sea at a day rate in the mid $240s through November 2013. While the rig is working in the U.K. sector of the North Sea, we expect slightly lower operating costs.
- Rowan Viking : Rig will enter the shipyard in February 2014 for equipment modifications and inspections for approximately 105 days (previously 30 days) prior to commencing its contract with Lundin for 15 wells in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea estimated to start in 2Q 2014.
The Company will not realize any day rate revenue during periods of off rate time, and crew costs will be capitalized during rig modifications and/or upgrades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV