Transformative Transaction Creates a Best in Class Gaming Platform With Increased Diversification and Significant Efficiencies of Scale Expected to be Accretive to Pinnacle's Free Cash Flow and Earnings Per Share
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 21, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:PNK) and Ameristar Casinos, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASCA) announced today that the companies have entered into a definitive agreement under which Pinnacle will acquire all of the outstanding common shares of Ameristar for $26.50 per share in cash, for a total enterprise value of $2.8 billion, including debt of $1.9 billion and cash on hand of $116 million as of September 30, 2012. This consideration represents a premium of 45% over the average closing price of Ameristar common stock for the 90 days ended December 20, 2012. The transaction has received the unanimous approval of both the Ameristar and Pinnacle Boards of Directors.
Pinnacle will benefit from increased operational and geographic diversity by more than doubling in size to 17 operating properties in 13 distinct geographies. The acquisition of Ameristar's properties will complement Pinnacle's existing portfolio by adding eight casino-resorts in some of the nation's best gaming markets, including: St. Charles near St. Louis, MO; Kansas City, MO; Council Bluffs, IA; Black Hawk, CO; Vicksburg, MS; East Chicago, IN; and Jackpot, NV.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV