5. GDL FUND/THE ( GDL): The Fund will invest primarily in merger arbitrage transactions, and to a lesser extent, in corporate reorganizations involving stubs, spin-offs and liquidations. It will invest at least 80% of its assets in securities or hedging arrangements relating to companies involved in corporate transactions or reorganizations.
Trading at a 15% discount to net asset value
6. ADAMS EXPRESS COMPANY ( ADX): An internally-managed closed-end fund. In order to conduct the Company’s business, the Company, through its transfer agent, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, collects and maintains certain non-public personal information about its stockholders of record with respect to their transactions in shares of its securities. The Company’s investments include common stocks and short-term investments. Trading at a 15% discount to net asset value
7. THAI FUND INC ( TTF): The Fund’s investment objective is long-term capital appreciation through investment primarily in equity securities of companies organized under the laws of the Kingdom of Thailand. The Fund makes its investments in Thailand through the Thai Investment Plan (the Plan). The Fund is the sole unit holder of the Plan. Trading at a 15% discount to net asset value 8. SWISS HELVETIA FUND ( SWZ): The investment objective of the Fund is to seek long-term growth of capital through investment in equity and equity-linked securities of Swiss companies. The Fund may also acquire and hold equity and equity-linked securities of non-Swiss companies in limited instances. It invests in various sectors. Trading at a 15% discount to net asset value 9. TRI-CONTINENTAL CORP ( TY): The Fund’s invests primarily for the longer term, and its investment objective is to produce future growth of both capital and income, while providing reasonable current income. The Fund may invest up to 25% of its net assets in foreign investments. Trading at a 15% discount to net asset value
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts