HOUSTON, Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kirby Corporation ("Kirby") (NYSE:KEX) announced today the retirement of C. Berdon Lawrence from the Kirby Board of Directors effective December 31, 2012. Mr. Lawrence is retiring to devote more time to family and other business interests.
Mr. Lawrence served as Chairman of the Board of Kirby from October 1999 to April 2010 and has served as Chairman Emeritus of the Kirby Board since April 2010. Mr. Lawrence was the founder and former President of Hollywood Marine, Inc. (" Hollywood"), an inland tank barge company acquired by Kirby in October 1999.
Commenting on Mr. Lawrence's retirement from the Kirby Board, Joe Pyne, Kirby's Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, said, "I have enjoyed working with Berdon for many years on industry issues and for the last 13 years as Kirby's Chairman and Chairman Emeritus. Berdon has served with distinction on the Kirby Board, helping guide the growth of Kirby from $753 million of assets in 1999 to over $3.0 billion today and our revenue from $513 million in 1999 to over $2.0 billion for 2012."
William M. Waterman, the former President of Penn Maritime Inc. ("Penn"), acquired by Kirby on December 14, 2012, was elected to the Kirby Board effective December 31, 2012. Penn operates 18 tank barges and 16 tugboats participating in the coastal transportation of primarily black oil products, including crude oil, along the East Coast and Gulf Coast of the United States.Commenting on the election of Mr. Waterman to the Kirby Board, Mr. Pyne stated, "Bill brings a wealth of expertise and knowledge of the coastal transportation of black oil products by tank barge, having served as President of Penn since 1983. We are looking forward to leveraging Bill's knowledge as we continue to grow Kirby and create stockholder value."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV