No wonder CEO James Debney bought another 5,000 shares at $9.82 on Wednesday. Perhaps the public and potential investors don't realize that SWHC provides products and services for safety, security, protection and sports in the United States and internationally.
It offers firearms, handguns, sporting rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs and restraints, and firearm-related products and accessories. As of Oct. 31 its quarterly revenue growth was up 48% (year-over-year), and although it does have almost $30 million in total debt it also has almost $58 million in total cash (most-recent-quarter).
So check your "dry powder," financially speaking, as well as your conscience and take a look at RGR and SWHC while the share prices are depressed during these confusing times of uncertainty. No stock looks like an obvious bargain until it has soared 33% like NYX and we look back and wished we'd loaded up when it was "on sale".
As I often do, I remind you to carefully consider position sizing as well as employing a stealth trailing stop system that will send you alerts if your share price drops below or above where you bought it.Be a disciplined investor who looks for overlooked opportunities. Don't join the ranks of the irrational and fearful. As Warren Buffett says, "Be greedy when everyone is fearful." At the time of publication the author had positions in RGR and SWHC. This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Make smarter trading decisions and provide investment ideas that could help make you richer. Bryan Ashenberg does the dirty work so you don't have to!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV