Sturm, Ruger offers single-shot, auto-loading, bolt-action, and sporting rifles, shotguns, rim fire auto-loading and center fire auto-loading pistols and single-action and double-action revolvers. The company also manufactures and sells accessories and replacement parts for its firearms.
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real money portfolio for his charitable trust- enjoy advance notice of every trade, full access to the portfolio, and deep coverage of the latest economic events and market movements.
In addition, RGR provides investment castings made from steel alloys directly or through manufacturers representatives. The company sells its firearm products through independent wholesale distributors to the commercial sporting market under the Ruger name and exports its firearms through a network of commercial distributors and directly to law enforcement agencies and foreign governments. Sturm, Ruger was founded in 1948 and is based in Southport, Conn.
The one-year chart below is like a picture that paints a thousand words. You can clearly see that quarterly earnings per share on a year-over-year comparison ending Sept. 29 had grown (according to the company's earnings report) by 61.6% and quarterly revenue growth surged nearly 47%.
RGR data by YCharts
Smith & Wesson's price as of Thursday is only $8.25, which represents a trailing PE of less than 10 and a forward (one-year) PE of less than 9. Its price-to-earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio has dropped to 0.35, an indicator that SWHC is quite oversold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV