Kirby McInerney LLP is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. (“Caribou” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: CBOU) related to the proposed acquisition of the Company by the Joh. A. Benckiser Group (“JAB”). Under the terms of the agreement, JAB will acquire all of the outstanding common stock of Caribou for $16.00 per share in cash, for a total enterprise value of approximately $340 million.
The investigation concerns whether the Caribou Board of Directors violated its fiduciary duties by agreeing to this transaction and whether the proposed $16.00 per share consideration adequately values Caribou common shares. The offer price represents a 30% premium to the price of shares on December 14, 2012, the day before the transaction was announced; however, shares were trading above the offer price as recently as May 2, 2012, and they have traded above the offer price since the transaction was announced. At least one analyst has set a price target of $20 for the stock. Further, Caribou’s existing management will retain its leadership role in the new company.
If you are a Caribou shareholder and wish to obtain additional information, please contact J. Brandon Walker, Esq. by email at email@example.com, by telephone at (212) 699-1145 or (888) 529-4787, or fill out a contact form.
Kirby McInerney LLP is a New York-based law firm concentrating in securities, shareholder, whistleblower, antitrust and consumer litigation. For additional information, please go to www.kmllp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV