Fisher® Nuts announced a $20,000 donation to the Texas Food Bank Network (TFBN) today during a check presentation ceremony at the San Antonio Food Bank. Funds will be used to help feed hungry families in Texas communities.
John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., owner of the Fisher Nuts brand, is making the donation in honor of its Selma, Texas plant’s 20th anniversary. In a Facebook campaign that began in November, the company is donating 20 meals to Texas food banks for every new Fisher Facebook fan.
“We are grateful to have Fisher Nuts support our efforts to ensure no child in Texas goes hungry,” said Celia Cole, CEO of TFBN. “The fans of Fisher Nuts can be proud of the difference their support will make in helping Texas food banks fight hunger in their communities.”
TFBN member food banks distributed nearly 300 million pounds of food in 2011 through a statewide network of 3,900 soup kitchens, food pantries and local agencies. Collectively, the 20 TFBN member food banks feed 3 million people each year, including one million children.“With one in four Texas children living in a household at risk of hunger, we’re honored to support our fellow Texans through this donation,” says John Hutchens, Selma, Texas plant operations manager for John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., the manufacturer and distributor of Fisher Nuts products. “Through our campaign, it’s our hope to help raise awareness of Texas Food Bank Network’s great work and to provide meals to deserving Texas families this holiday season.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV