So do you think NASDAQ is going to have to do something to be competitive?
Jim Cramer: When you speculate on what they're going to do they're not happy because, I mean, they are very independent and we don't know what they are going to do, and they'll say, "Listen, how do you know?" And so I don't know what they'll do, but I do know that this ICE/NYX tie up is very good and I do think that NDAQ should do something because you want to get bigger. You want bigger scale at all times.
Debra Borchardt: Well that's what Duncan Niederauer said was, "Scale. It's all about the scale."Jim Cramer: Yeah. And scale is really a lot of the theme of all these acquisitions that we've been seeing. People want bigger scale and the way to do it is to say, "Okay, money's cheap and I'll buy." Or, "Stocks are cheap." And the company that's being acquired says, "Wow, that's a cheap currency. It'll go up." So a lot of good here. Debra Borchardt: A lot of good here, that's what Jim's saying. --Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV