Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire ManageIQ, a leading provider of enterprise cloud management and automation solutions that enable organizations to deploy, manage and optimize private clouds, virtualized infrastructures and virtual desktops. With the addition of ManageIQ technologies to its portfolio, Red Hat will expand the reach of its hybrid cloud management solutions for enterprises.
Red Hat has agreed to acquire ManageIQ, a privately-held company, for approximately $104.0 million in cash. The closing of the transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by the stockholders of ManageIQ.
As an existing member of the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Certified Partner program, ManageIQ has worked closely with Red Hat to provide customers with unified monitoring, management and automation solutions that are quick-to-deploy and easy-to-use, which reduce the cost and complexity of enterprise clouds. ManageIQ’s Hybrid Cloud Operations Management technologies complement Red Hat’s existing cloud and virtualization management tools – Red Hat CloudForms and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization – by providing integrated lifecycle management of activities such as server and storage provisioning, workload optimization, policy-based compliance, chargeback, virtual machine lifecycle management, discovery and control, and analytics across heterogeneous private clouds and virtualized datacenters.
With the addition of ManageIQ, Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud management solutions will include:
- Red Hat CloudForms: a hybrid cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solution that enables the management, brokering and aggregation of capacity across various virtualization and cloud providers as well as the management of applications across hybrid clouds.
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization: a comprehensive virtualization management solution that is an ideal virtualization substrate for organizations to build cloud environments in terms of performance, security and value.
- ManageIQ's Hybrid Cloud Operations Management Tools: a cloud operations management solution that provides enterprises operational management tools including monitoring, chargeback, governance and orchestration across virtual and cloud infrastructure such as Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft and VMware.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts