This January, Dr Pepper Snapple Group Is Launching 10-calorie Versions Of Five Of Its Most Popular Soda Brands, Including 7UP TEN(R) (pictured), A&W TEN(R), Sunkist(R) TEN(TM) Soda, Canada Dry TEN(R) And RC TEN(R) (Photo: Business Wire)
Need a reason to enjoy soft drinks in the New Year? How about TEN? Next month, Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE:DPS) is introducing 10-calorie versions of five of its most popular soda brands.
With the launch of 7UP TEN ®, A&W TEN ® Root Beer, Sunkist ® TEN™ Orange Soda, Canada Dry TEN ® Ginger Ale, and RC TEN ® Cola, DPS says consumers can get both the great taste they love in their favorite soft drinks and low calories. The sodas use a unique blend of caloric and non-caloric sweeteners to deliver a full flavor with only 10 calories per 12 oz. serving.
The new sodas follow up the successful launch last year of Dr Pepper TEN ®, which is enjoying strong trial and repeat purchase rates. The five new TEN™ products were tested throughout 2012 in several markets and have received a strong response, with 40 percent of sales incremental to the soft drink category.
The TEN platform gives DPS clear ownership of a previously uncharted space in the U.S. soft drink category – low-calorie sodas, which are neither traditional diet soft drinks nor considered “mid-calorie” offerings. The company is targeting consumers 25-39 years old who love regular soda but have cut back their consumption because they are watching their calories.“We truly believe we’ve hit the sweet spot with our TEN products, providing both a fully satisfying flavor and low calories,” said Jim Trebilcock, executive vice president of marketing for DPS. “This new platform gives shoppers a great tasting experience and a reason to visit the soda aisle and enjoy the brands they love more often.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV