We also think the online brokers could get very interesting in 2013. Scott and I first introduced our bullish-biased trade in November on TD Ameritrade (AMTD). Relative to peer, it is the cheapest in the group, sports the strongest profit and operating margins and pays a healthy dividend (and also declared a special dividend on December 10!). More importantly, we expect Average Daily Volume monthly numbers to improve in 2013 as the retail investor comes back to the market. While ADV was down for 2012, account assets have increased, and there is a lot of cash to put to work. AMTD's CEO mentioned at a Goldman Sachs conference on December 4 that he expects ADVs to improve month-over-month in 2013. The stock reacted favorably and the momentum has continued, confirming our thesis. Charles Schwab also (SCHW) just announced similar guidance on December 18. Pay attention to this group. William Blair, a sell-side research shop is catching on, having just initiated AMTD with a Buy on December 19.
Jill and OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Scott can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/RedDogT3Live
TheStreet can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/TheStreet
T3Live can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/_t3Live_
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas