VANCOUVER, British Columbia , Dec. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- St. Elias Mines Ltd. (SLI - TSX:V) today announced further exploration and development plans for its wholly owned Tesoro Gold Project in southern Peru. St. Elias also urged shareholders to vote the WHITE proxy for the Company's nominees to the Board of Directors.
"After careful review, we have adopted a two-part strategy to advance our Tesoro project over 18 to 24 months," said Lori McClenahan, President and CEO of St. Elias Mines. "In order to carry out the strategy we will need additional capital. We are focused on completing our financing and hope to do so during early 2013, if market conditions permit."
One part of the Tesoro strategy involves exploration to explore for new gold-bearing material. St. Elias has established a number of attractive targets for a 3,000 metre to 5,000 metre diamond drilling campaign.The other part of the strategy involves development focused on more than 20 waste rock dumps left behind by prior mining activity. St. Elias intends to sample and test the dumps and prepare a National Instrument 43-101 resource estimate. St. Elias proposes to follow up with a prefeasibility study to determine whether gold could be profitably recovered from the dumps, providing cash to support additional exploration. Vote the WHITE proxy for an experienced board St. Elias continues to encourage shareholders to vote the WHITE proxy to elect the five St. Elias nominees. The Annual Special and General Meeting (the "Meeting") of St. Elias shareholders is scheduled for December 27, 2012 at 11 am Vancouver time. Shareholders who wish to vote the WHITE proxy for the St. Elias nominees have only one more day to vote prior to the proxy voting deadline of Friday, December 21, 2012 at 11:00 A.M. ( Vancouver time).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV